Thursday, April 10, 2014

Birthday Vacation Just For ME!!!

Well, it's a go for my birthday vacation to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. My host family will be out of town the entire week that I am there, so I will have their WHOLE condo to myself. It is a young European married couple, and they are predominantly French speaking, so I appreciate her effort to respond to me in English, even thought her message made me giggle a little. Here it is... lol


Hahahahaha! I think she meant to say "sweet message" instead of a sweat massage! I don't think i'll be giving anyone a sweat massage while I'm in Vancouver...but who knows. lol

My condo will be directly behind this beach, literally...the first set of buildings. This is English Bay Beach in Vancouver. This is in West Vancouver. It is also a 5 minute bike ride from world famous Stanley Park, which is a Cycle, and Mtn. Bike haven! 





I planned my trip a week after my birthday, so I could also check out the Honda International Firework Festival/Competition. One of the largest firework displays in the world is set off, from barges, a couple hundred yards off this beach, in the bay. I cant decide if i'm going to lay on the beach, outside my condo, and watch the fireworks, or try to wiggle my way on to someone's boat in the bay... if I can make a few new friends in the right place! lol 




I was going to fly, but now I am going to drive, so I can take my cycle bike, mountain bike, and paddle board. This is one of the hundreds of trails in Stanley Park.



I'm taking a sea plane from Vancouver to Victoria, the capital, for a day long excursion, followed by a ferry ride back to Vancouver. :)



Here is a 2 minute video, of the plane ride to Victoria, experience. :)



And last, but certainly not least, i'm checking off a couple of my bucketlist.org goals, going to Grouse Mountain Skyride, and the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. 






I suppose some people might find this to be a very boring vacation, but its right up my alley! I'm very excited. 

If any of these things seem interesting to you, or you want to know more about them, here is a list of links that will direct you to the websites of these places. Kind of fun to check out, and full of AMAZING pictures!! 

www.capbridge.com  Capilano Suspension Bridge Park

www.grousemountain.com  Grouse Mountain. Click on "Activities Guide"

www.stanleypark.org  Stanley Park, Vancouver.

www.hondacelebrationoflight.com World Famous Firework Show, on 3 different nights, July 26, July 30, and August 2.

And FINALLY... I highly recommend that all of you go to www.bucketlist.org and start your own bucket list. It keeps track of them for you, you can add to them anytime you want, you can mark them "complete" add photos of you completing them, along with date and time. Very awesome site! You can also "follow" people, and see as they accomplish their bucket list goals. :) Here is my direct bucket list page. :)

www.bucketlist.org/list/pifer.adam/

As always, CHEERS! and Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment