Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Eve in Times Square, New York City


I’ve always wanted to experience a New Year’s Eve in Manhattan’s Times Square, New York City. So.. I decided it was time. I told no one before I booked, and invited no one. I simply booked the room, and the ticket on a whim.

This trip was more than just checking something off the bucket list.  It was an opportunity to accomplish much more.  I’ve spent a lot of time on my own in the last couple years…and it’s given me a lot of time to…think.

Going on a vacation, alone, is the pinnacle of the thinking process. It is the nucleus of growth and focus for me.  When I get away, and all I have is me… I’m faced with a situation where I decide the outcome.  I spent a lot of time in the last 4 days, in NYC, not only taking in the city, but utilizing the time to think about my life, my goals, and my dreams.

I spent time reflecting on feelings, emotions, moments, and memories. I realized those “things” are not in my present. They are in my past. They are moments that help drive my dreams though, and for that I am thankful.  I know where I’ve been, I know where I’m going.  If you really want to get personal with yourself, and make sure that you love yourself, take a vacation….with yourself.

Here is a slide show from the trip. You can enlarge the video by clicking in the lower right corner of the video. Enjoy! Happy New Year, and God Bless to all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment